Thursday, October 13, 2005

The CBC is back!

The CBC lockout is over, and the unintentional hilarity of the Canadian news is back. I never found Canadian news so funny or American news so serious. I missed stories like "high school students call people they don't like 'gay'" and quotes like "It's a shame when fighting gets associated with a wholesome sport like hockey."
And I've really missed hearing the latest on the Sudbury arts calendar.

This morning, while listening to an ostenably serious report about the earthquake in Pakistan, a Canadian military official said the following, which I'll have to paraphrase: "We need to get survivors food, water, shelter - working on the levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs." I guess that the Canadian Forces will be in Kashmir well after the rebuilding is complete, working with people of Pakistan until they achieve self-actualization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home