Monday, June 19, 2006

I bought who in the what now?


Bloc Party: Silent Alarm

So, um, I guess I bought this album. It was there in my iTunes library and everything. I don't like it, I don't hate it. I honestly don't remember it. I'm pretty sure I listened to it once.

I think it's supposed to sound like Franz Ferdinand, and hence like Interpol or Gang of Four. Yeah, that's it, mention an influence, that'll make you seem smart. Um, I think there's a song called "Helicopter" on it.

I really don't think there's a worse thing to say about an album than that it left completely no impression on you. Though in fairness, I also have a remix of "Two More Years," a song that doesn't appear on this album, that I downloaded off Stereogum and it's pretty great. That may be due to MSTRKRFT though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home